I can’t believe we are in November already! And what a productive month it has been. We’ve been very quiet on the blog the past few weeks as we’ve been focusing in trying to get our lives organised.
So, what has been going on? Well, due to unfortunate circumstances Kris has left his job and is currently searching for something to tide him over until we leave. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!
We have also managed to cross quite a few items off our to do list. So without further adui, here is our current to do list:
– UK Domestic Flights BOOKED! Although damn you Sleazyjet for having ridiculous flight times between here and Gatwick! (it does however mean a day in London!)
London Gatwick to Los Angeles flight BOOKED!
Los Angeles to Cancun return (We’ve actually decided to book this as a one way San Diego-Cancun) BOOKED!
– Cancun to Las Vegas to Oahu
– Oahu to Fiji (Nadi)
– Fiji to Auckland
4 night in Anarheim BOOKED!
4 nights in San Diego BOOKED!
1 Night LAX (before flying to Cancun) No longer required 🙂
– Rental property for Playa Del Carmen/Tulum BOOKED! We have found a fab loft apartment in Playa Del Carmen though AirBnB. (If you click this link you will receive a voucher code for $25/£13 discount off your next AirBnB stay!)
– 5-6 nights in Las Vegas
– 3-4 nights in Hawaii
– 14-28 days in Fiji
– First 7-10 nights in New Zealand
Other Trip Essentials
Transport from LAX to Anaheim BOOKED!
Transport from Anaheim to San Diego BOOKED!
LAX to Las Vegas No longer needed as we’ll fly Cancun to Vegas
– Park tickets for Disney & San Diego Zoo (Sadly we can’t buy these until January!)
– Wedding in Vegas (Pretty essential!)
– Transport whilst in New Zealand (car or camper van?)
Items to buy:
x 2 Back packs (wheeled of course…i don’t plan to slum it as much as that!) We have opted for these hybrid Osprey packs. Reviews will follow soon!
– New smaller laptop (can’t keep you all up to date on the road without one)
– Extension cable (With all our tech we will definitely need more than plug)
Additional external hard drive We’ve bought 2! A Samsung 1TB and a Samsung 2TB hard drive.
– Dry Sacks (for all our gear when we’re on the water) We’ve bought a 40l Karrimor and a 25l Karrimor dry bag.
– Suitable clothing
– Get first aid kit together
Some type of travel safe? We have bit the bullet and bought the Pacsafe 12l Travel Safe.
Financial And Practical
Give my beloved Pablo The Polo back to the garage 🙁 Sadly this has been done…Poor Pab’s!
– Traipse through all our belongings and sort into take with us, keep, sell, charity shop and bin ..We are about 75% there! 🙂 eBay is my new best friend haha!
– Arrange travel insurance (especially important for Kris since he has quite a few ailments)
– Look for international sim cards
– Set up new bank account/ credit card with zero fees for using abroad
– Set up Skype and patiently try to show our parents how to use it!
– Cancel our mobile phone contracts
– Cancel Lauren’s contact lens and bulk buy an alternative
– Check we’re both up to date with all our vaccinations
– Get bulk prescriptions for our medications
– Quit our jobs!
– Get our mobile phones unlocked and buy a cheapy one online to take to places you don’t want to flash a brand new iPhone around
The Important Stuff
– Get Kris’s passport renewed
– Apply for New Zealand work visas
– Apply for US ESTA’s online
– Double check all visa requirements for all other countries we’re visiting
– Talk with Wedding Chapel and arrange any paperwork required
– Scan copies and store all documents securely. (Can anyone recommend the best ‘cloud’ type storage?)
– Get a stock of passport photos for visas on the road
And last but not least…
– Arrange a leaving party/ ‘pre-ception’ before we leave. The ‘save the dates’ have went out and I should be getting is booked this week!
Is that is? Can anyone think of anything else we may have missed? I’m sure as the months go by we will start to tick off some of the above….but no doubt will also end up adding even more as they pop into our heads!
Will we ever be 100% organised?!
**The above post contains affiliate links which means if you choose to purchase an item we will earn a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Click away…these commissions help keep the stories coming once we’re out on the road :)**