So two months in and we have managed to tick a few things of the list. I like progress! 🙂
As promised, here is the first list of what we still have to do before we jet off. At the moment we are only planning our trip as far as New Zealand since we plan to spend a whole year there. If anyone has any recommendations for any of the above let us know.
– UK Domestic Flights (Beginning of September hopefully as low-cost carrier)
– London Gatwick to Los Angeles flight BOOKED!
– Los Angeles to Cancun return (We’ve actually decided to book this as a one way San Diego-Cancun) BOOKED!
– Cancun to Las Vegas to Oahu
– Oahu to Fiji (Nadi)
– Fiji to Auckland
– 4 nights in Anaheim BOOKED!
4 nights in San Diego BOOKED!
1 Night LAX (before flying to Cancun) No longer required 🙂
– Rental property for Playa Del Carmen/Tulum
– 5-6 nights in Las Vegas
– 3-4 nights in Hawaii
– 14-28 days in Fiji
– First 7-10 nights in New Zealand
Other Trip Essentials
– Transport from LAX to Anaheim BOOKED!
– Transport from Anaheim to San Diego BOOKED!
– Transport San Diego to LAX No need for this as flying from San Diego to Cancun
– LAX to Las Vegas No longer needed as we’ll fly Cancun to Vegas
– Park tickets for Disney & San Diego Zoo (Sadly we can’t buy these until January!)
– Wedding in Vegas (Pretty essential!)
– Transport whilst in New Zealand (car or camper van?)
Items to buy:
– x 2 Back packs (wheeled of course…i don’t plan to slum it as much as that!)
– New smaller laptop (can’t keep you all up to date on the road without one)
– Extension cable (With all our tech we will definitely need more than plug)
Additional external hard drive We’ve bought 2! Samsung 1TB and Samsung 2TB
– Dry Sacks (for all our gear when we’re on the water) We’ve bought a 40l Karrimor and a 25l Karrimor dry bag.
– Suitable clothing
– Get first aid kit together
– Some type of travel safe? We have bit the bullet and bought the Pacsafe 12l Travel Safe.
Financial And Practical
– Give my beloved Pablo The Polo back to the garage 🙁 Sadly this has been done…Poor Pab’s!
– Traipse through all our belongings and sort into take with us, keep, sell, charity shop and bin ..Still in progress!
– Arrange travel insurance (especially important for Kris since he has quite a few ailments)
– Look for international sim cards
– Set up new bank account/ credit card with zero fees for using abroad
– Set up Skype and patiently try to show our parents how to use it!
– Cancel our mobile phone contracts
– Cancel Lauren’s contact lens and bulk buy an alternative
– Check we’re both up to date with all our vaccinations
– Get bulk prescriptions for our medications
– Quit our jobs!
– Get our mobile phones unlocked and buy a cheapy one online to take to places you don’t want to flash a brand new iPhone around
The Important Stuff
– Get Kris’s passport renewed
– Apply for New Zealand work visas
– Apply for US ESTA’s online
– Double check all visa requirements for all other countries we’re visiting
– Talk with Wedding Chapel and arrange any paperwork required
– Scan copies and store all documents securely. (Can anyone recommend the best ‘cloud’ type storage?)
– Get a stock of passport photos for visas on the road
And last but not least…
– Arrange a leaving party/ ‘pre-ception’ before we leave.
Is that is? Can anyone think of anything else we may have missed? I’m sure as the months go by we will start to tick off some of the above….but no doubt will also end up adding even more as they pop into our heads!
Will we ever be 100% organised?!
**The above post contains affiliate links which means if you choose to purchase an item we will earn a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Click away…these commissions help keep the stories going :)**